How You Can Help The Share & Wear Ministry
Pray for Our Ministry
Above everything else, our ministry needs your prayers while we are starting this organization. We feel led to help our neighbors, and we know that God will make a way for our little church and its goals to succeed.
Make A Clothing Donation
Most all clothing is accepted in ANY size you would like to give, however the following garments are NOT accepted unless newly packaged due to potential health risks: undergarments, pantyhose, socks, and bathing suits.
If you would like to donate gently used clothing to our ministries we ask that you please:
- Check your garments for stains, tears or holes as these will not be accepted. We want to give families garments that have a lot of wear left in them. Please do not donate anything that you wouldn't wear.
- Make sure your items are clean and laundered for there is no method to wash clothing at our church.
- Donate them on a hanger if possible. While clothing in bags are permitted, clothes hangers are few and far between and many families need the hangers as well as the garments to take home.
- If donating shoes, please be sure that the pair is complete and not torn or ripped.
- Please consider donating other items besides clothing. Examples include: New Diapers, Backpacks, Lunch Boxes, Unopened Make-Up, Hats, Gloves, Scarfs, Purses, Wallets, Ties and Belts.
PLEASE NOTE:Donations can be dropped off ANY Sunday morning between 9:30 a.m. and Noon, Sunday evening between 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m., Wednesday night 7:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. or you can come by when the ministry is open the Sunday of every month between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. You can also make a drop off appointment or arrange for clothing pickup.
Ministry Organizer, Stephanie Hodge at (502) 777-6704
**Also a receipt can be provided for tax purposes if requested.
Make a Monetary Donation
While a donation box is kept in the ministry, you can also make a monetary donation to our organization anytime! Since all of our workers are volunteers, all of your donations will go toward purchasing materials to keep Share & Wear Ministry alive.
Make your donation payable to:
Cove Baptist Church
c/0 Share & Wear Ministries
P.O. Box 378
Fairdale, KY 40118
We would like to say a special thank you to First Baptist Church of Fairdale, KY and Lighthouse Baptist Church of Louisville, KY for their donations. To all of those who have also already donated your items and your time, God Bless you!